DMLL PROGRAM RULES
1. DMLL is a safe recreational non-contact lacrosse league (no deliberate body contact in our programs). Stick contact is NOT allowed. Unreasonable force will be penalized. Hitting a player's stick before he gains control of the ball will result in possession to the non-offending team.
2. Dangerous Shot rule: A player may shoot the ball from anywhere on the floor and should make every effort to find an open lane when possible. A player who hits an opponent with the ball while shooting will be assessed a minor penalty. This assumes the defending player was not in the crease or not trying to block the shot in which case no penalty would be assessed.
3. Possession limit: a FIVE second possession rule is applied where a pass or shot must be completed otherwise possession will be awarded to the opposition. On breakaways the rule does not apply.
4. (Please allow a SIX foot distance when possession is awarded to an opponent.)
5. Face-offs: Any player clamping the ball for more than 3 seconds or if a player crosses the restraining lines (End lines or Circles), the ball shall be awarded to the non-offending team.
6. Players making contact with their hand on the ball will result in loss of possession.
7. Penalty shots/penalties: Any penalties will result in a penalty shot (Fall/Winter) awarded to the non offending team. If it's a major penalty, two penalty shots will be awarded. A unsportsmanlike penalty will also result in a penalty shot awarded to the non offending team.
8. Fighting is NOT allowed and will result in a suspension. Any attempt to deliberately injure a player will also result in a suspension.
9. A player receiving three penalties of any kind in a game will receive an automatic game suspension.
10. There are no moving picks allowed, violation results in loss of possession. An offensive player with the ball who drives into a defensive player will result in a loss of possession or a minor penalty if applicable.
11. A Zone Defense is NOT permitted unless the subject team is short-handed. Once a warning has been issued to the offending team a second infraction to the same team shall result in a minor penalty.
12. In the last THREE minutes of the game a team will have up to ten seconds to move the ball over centre from their defensive zone, otherwise possession shall be awarded to the
13. STALLING Rule-Last THREE minute, offensive team has 20 seconds, to shoot on goalie, monitored and counted down by referee. Count down starts at 10 seconds.
14. OVERTIME RULE: Occurs in Playoffs and Championship rounds. OT length of three minutes with 4 on 4 mix. Sudden death is in play for the OT.
15. ON A SHOT: The closet player to the ball when it crosses the out of bounds line is awarded possession.(Fall & Winter)
16. The ball carrier may not run past more than ONE player when ADVANCING TOWARDS THE NET in the offensive zone. A loss of possession will result.
17. Play will be stopped when the lacrosse ball strikes the goalie in the head. Possession will be given to the goalie when play resumes.
18. Mandatory equipment required includes: CSA helmet and facemask, lacrosse stick, lacrosse or hockey gloves, running shoes. (CHIN Straps MUST be done up!!!!)
19. Time/Games shall be three periods of 16 minutes, each running time, with the last 1 minute of the third period stop-time only if there is a TWO goal or less spread. Each team shall be permitted one time-out per game of 20 seconds.